Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solidworks install hang?

My son's FRC robotics team have been provided with an student licenses for Solidworks, and he's really keen to start learning. His laptop's a Mac, and has inadequate RAM to run Solidworks - so here I am at fra.me, which looks like a perfect solution.

However, when I go through the install ( Solidworks 2015 SP2.1), it's stalled at 84%. The installer 'promo' text and image is updating, telling me all about the app's great new features, but the progress bar has stalled.

Given that Solidworks on Frame is a much advertised use case, and obviously can be made to work, what am I missing?

Ta,
Ben

Comments

• Hi Ben,

Thanks for trying out Frame! It's likely that SolidWorks is hung on installing due to a lack of available disk space. We can increase your account's drive size, please send an email to support@fra.me to create a support ticket for us, and include the name of the account as well as the email you used to create it and we'll get it taken care of shortly.

Thanks,
    -John